Wednesday 22 April 2009

Synecdoche New York, In The Loop



I saw this film during easter, I'm a big fan of the writer and director of this film, Charlie Kaufman (being john malkovich, adaptation, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind), so I had to see it. It didn't let me down. It's complex, multi-layered, imaginative and altogether amazing. I highly recommend it.



And now a film I am looking forward to seeing, In The Loop. Again, i'm very fond of the creator of this film, Armando Iannucci. If you don't know his previous work, please, check out clips from "The Armando Iannucci Show" on youtube. Fantastic.

*EDIT...Just had a look at carlisle's vue cinema website and it appears that they aren't showing "in the loop"...thats ridiculous (although im not surprised as that cinema is shite). Thanks carlisle.

1 comment:

Sam Donegan said...

Hardly any big cinemas are showing in the loop. I had to look for two hours in Newcastle to find somewhere that was showing it. In the end i found a small indie Cinema called Tyne side Cinema and saw it there. Was well worth it, its a brilliant film, but a shame bigger cinemas are taking it off their listings and that there isn't more interest from the general public.